Live In Concert, New Orleans - 3-11 Day 2004 [DVD] review by 311

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
311: Live In Concert, New Orleans - 3-11 Day 2004 [DVD]

For this DVD the sound was absolutley phenominal. The sound is so good that it almost seems like studio quality. Every instrument it predominant at the exact right times, and the vocals are just as good.

Content — 10
This is a two-disc DVD, because on this particular night in New Orleans (March 11, 2004, Official 311 day in New Orleans) they played 64 songs in one night. The setlist was practically every song, b-sides, rarities, and some covers (The Cure's 'Love Song', The Clash's 'White Man In Hammershith Palias', and Led Zepplin's 'Dyer Maker'). So far I would have to say that I am more than satisfied with the set list on the DVD. Other than Nick Hexum's brother Zack coming out and jamming on sax for the song 'Outside', it was a pretty normal but long set. I haven't finished watching the DVD in full, but as far as I can tell there are no special features, bonus tracks, or anything of that matter. Just straight concert footage all the way through.

Production Quality — 10
You know, with all the live concert DVD's I have seen, I would have to say that this is by far the highest quality I've ever seen. They used those special boom cameras that pan over the crowd so the concert isn't all sideshots. The quality is so good that I'd have to guess that they were using digital video cameras for this concert.

When comparing this particular DVD to other DVDs, this 311 DVD is hands down the best live DVD I have ever seen. I'd have to say the most impressive thing about this DVD is that the sound quality and video resolution is so high that it makes you feel like you're right there watching it live. The one thing that I love most about the DVD is all the b-sides and rarities that were played. And I've never been a fan of the 'lost/stolen' question but I'll answer it anyways, I would buy it again if it were stolen (seeing as in how it was only $18 at Newbury Comics in Boston, Ma.)