Live In Concert, New Orleans - 3-11 Day 2004 [DVD] review by 311

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
311: Live In Concert, New Orleans - 3-11 Day 2004 [DVD]

Well when I got this DVD I wasn't expecting anything short of amazing and when I plugged it in my DVD player the sound was pretty good the guitar of Tim was great he's one of the most underated guitar players and he was on fire that night and for the songs where Nick played he was great also. P Nut slapped that bass perfect the whole night. The vocals were excellent SA and Nick made a perfect duo especailly sharing the vocals on the Led Zeppelin cover of Dyer Maker. This band deserves beyond a five for playing for 5 hours of 64 tracks holy s--t what an amazing concert rock on 311!

Content — 10
The content is pretty good they have some cool before the concert stuff like them on a radio station and at a party where all the fans get to talk to them and all that stuff, and they have an after the concert thing too. I was expecting more though, but the live five hours was good enough for me. The set list I will warn you is overwhelming but it's good that you can skip through each song which helps alot. The set list is missing some good songs though so if you know only their singles you wont know most of the songs because they dont play all of their singles. also there are a lot of rarities and first time live tracks and those were awesome.

Production Quality — 8
There's nothing real special here but the camera angles were real good they would at one point go above the crowd and then they would focus on Tim soloing or someone else in the band, so that was real good. But there wasn't anything else that stood out.

My overall impression is just go out and buy it there isnt anything to be real dissapointed about it. If I lost it I would buy it cheap (becuase I don't like buying things overpriced) but if it never went cheap I would still get I. So dont hesitate to get it, it's a must buy for 311 fans!