Live In Concert, New Orleans - 3-11 Day 2004 [DVD] Review

artist: 311 date: 11/08/2004 category: compact discs
311: Live In Concert, New Orleans - 3-11 Day 2004 [DVD]
Released: October 26, 2004
A special double DVD release, comprised of the band's live "3-11 Day" concert in New Orleans. Performing on 3-11 Day (March 11th), is an annual tradition for the band. It contains over three hours of live concert footage - including all the band's classic hits plus rarities, b-sides, covers and more!
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 9
 9.2
 9.8
 8.6
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Live In Concert, New Orleans - 3-11 Day 2004 [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 08, 2004

Sound: For this DVD the sound was absolutley phenominal. The sound is so good that it almost seems like studio quality. Every instrument it predominant at the exact right times, and the vocals are just as good. // 10

Overall Impression: When comparing this particular DVD to other DVDs, this 311 DVD is hands down the best live DVD I have ever seen. I'd have to say the most impressive thing about this DVD is that the sound quality and video resolution is so high that it makes you feel like you're right there watching it live. The one thing that I love most about the DVD is all the b-sides and rarities that were played. And I've never been a fan of the 'lost/stolen' question but I'll answer it anyways, I would buy it again if it were stolen (seeing as in how it was only $18 at Newbury Comics in Boston, Ma.) // 10

Live In Concert, New Orleans - 3-11 Day 2004 [DVD] Reviewed by: soupisgoodfood, on april 11, 2005

Sound: Well when I got this DVD I wasn't expecting anything short of amazing and when I plugged it in my DVD player the sound was pretty good the guitar of Tim was great he's one of the most underated guitar players and he was on fire that night and for the songs where Nick played he was great also. P Nut slapped that bass perfect the whole night. The vocals were excellent SA and Nick made a perfect duo especailly sharing the vocals on the Led Zeppelin cover of Dyer Maker. This band deserves beyond a five for playing for 5 hours of 64 tracks holy s--t what an amazing concert rock on 311! // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression is just go out and buy it there isnt anything to be real dissapointed about it. If I lost it I would buy it cheap (becuase I don't like buying things overpriced) but if it never went cheap I would still get I. So dont hesitate to get it, it's a must buy for 311 fans! // 10

Comments