Music review by 311

• Released: Jan 1, 1993
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
311: Music

This is 311 as everyone knows it. A little rap, reggae, funk and rock all put together in a great package. Initially I was a little hesitant to listen to the album because of its punk appearance but I couldnt ahve been more wrong. This album was very upbeat and is best when listening in the car on the way to work. The music is just simply great.

The lyrics take a while to decipher what with all the metaphors and such but it all makes sense after awhile.

In my opinion this is the most basic 311 that I know of and thats a great thing. In my opinion this is a great album for anyone who's never listened to 311 before and wants to start. You won't be disappointed.

kryzay311
    in my humble opinion, grassroots is a better CD. its just like music, only the musicianship is more developed, and with the exception of "grassroots" (i think the lyrics are just stupid) every song on that CD is a keeper. music is a solid album though
    jhooves
    music is a great album for the 311 lover, but kinda rough around the edges. The recording sound quality might scare newcomers away. I'd recommend from chaos, blue album, or even greatest hits for a newbie. I do love this cd though.