A Snow Capped Romance review by 36 Crazyfists

• Released: Mar 16, 2004
36 Crazyfists: A Snow Capped Romance

36 Crazyfists is comprised of members Brock Lindow (vocals), Steve Holt (guitar/vocals), Mick Whitney (bass), and Thomas Noonan (drums) who all play a big part to achieve there post hardcore/emo style. They formed in around 1994 and then in 2002 went on to join the record label Roadrunner and record there first album 'Bitterness The Star' and then in mid 2004 they released their best album yet 'A Snow Capped Romance.' As soon as I heard the opening track 'End Of August' it blew me away, the mix of screaming and singer really works for them and the guitar is relatively simple but effective. They have used emo lyrics with sharp metal guitar to give an amazing sound.

The lyrics are good and there is clearly a lot of effort put in like all good emo lyrics. The screams go perfectly with the sharp, fast guitar and the smooth singing goes perfectly with the palm-muted riffs. The singer has a great deal of talent because he has a good scream that is sometimes hard to find in a metal band.

This is a very good album and now one of my favourites and I would rank it alongside funeral for a friend and killswitch engage. I really love the chorus of many of the songs because there is a lot of effort both in guitar and lyrics which I love. The thing I hate is that it took me nearly a year to get after numerous recommendations. The most impressive songs on the album are 'At The End Of August' because of the amazing chorus. 'Bloodwork' because of the cool power chord based riff and palm muted verses. If this album was stolen I would go to the record shop and buy me another. I really recommend this album to anyone!