A Snow Capped Romance review by 36 Crazyfists

• Released: Mar 16, 2004
36 Crazyfists: A Snow Capped Romance

The sound of this album is really good. Steve's guitars are loud and heavy, the bass is mixed in well, drums are good and loud, and the singing sounds great over it. Although the guitars don't sound as mighty as they did in their first album, so some of the power is lost. Also another problem with the songs is that most of them sort of follow the same formula in arrangements (intro with a little singing-heavy intro-verse-heavychorus-verse-heavy chorus-screaming bridge) there isn't really much deviation from this formula.

The lyrics of this album are alright, but there are some cringe worthy lines and again they don't seem as good as what they were doing in their first album. Generally Brock's voice is really good and original with some awesome screams mixed in. Brock's voice is one in a million, he just sounds so different from everybody else that is around. The main song I don't like is Destroy The Map because they got another singer in the song and he just doesn't sound as good as Brock at all.

Like I've stated I don't like this album as much as Bitterness The Star, but that is just my opinion. Another thing I dislike about the album is that it only runs for 38 minutes, but luckily they left the best song for last Waterhaul. This instead of making me feel cheated at the length, it made me feel better because they ended the album on such a good note. I would definately buy this album again if it were stolen. Overall not as good as Bitterness The Star but still better than most of the other music around.