Bitterness The Star review by 36 Crazyfists

• Released: Apr 4, 2002
36 Crazyfists: Bitterness The Star

This album is awesomely heavy. The guitars sound so raw and thick, and unlike most nu-metal records some of the things he plays do require a little bit of skill. 36 Crazy Fists sound feels fairly original, they mix many elements together to come up with something different. This sound is most heavily utilised in songs such as Eightminutesupsidedown and all I am. This album is really heavy and is a much better album than their second album A Snow Capped Romance.

The lyrics on this album are fairly good, but there are a few hiccups here and there. Such as in the prechorus of bury me where I fall "Push and pull like sex machines," this doesn't feel like good poetry to me. Brocks voice is the highlight of this album, with gutteral screams and fairly wavy vocals, he is truly original in this current time of Jon Davis copy cats.

I first heard of 36 Crazy Fists while listening to a cd I got from the cover of total guitar mag and then I was shocked, I hadn't heard much like them before and I still haven't. This album is one of the most original nu-metal debuts I have ever heard, it is much more original than A Snow Capped Romance. The best songs on the album are Turns To Ashes, Eightminutesupsidedown, Slit Wrist Theory, Ceramic, Circle The Drain and Left Hand Charity. This album is a must buy for any fans of metal, hardcore or anything in between.

ianaimo
    Circle the drain is such an amazing song. I wish they still played it. This cd is a classic. Just sayin'.