Collisions And Castaways review by 36 Crazyfists

• Released: Jul 27, 2010
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
36 Crazyfists: Collisions And Castaways

36 Crazyfists have a solid, and popular back catalogue amongst their fans, and their latest effort, Collisions And Castaways is no different. It is a very solid album. However, as with each of their albums, some of the songs don't stand out, and lack in that something special that the classic Crazyfists songs have. This said, the album manages to create a good vibe, and blends the melodic with the heavy, The Deserter is heavier than a lot of previous songs. I think the main thing that struck with this album is the groove that it gives off, the rhythms in the majority of the songs are really quite amazing, and very fun to listen to.

Brock Lindow is like marmite, and I can see why people may not like his style. This album shows his skills just as well as any other album, and he always injects a huge amount of energy into the vocals. As already mentioned, the music on the album is highly rhythmic. There are no spectacular fireworks in any section, but this gives 36 Crazyfists some of their charm, they don't try too hard, and still come out with some solid music.

Comparing to other albums, I think Collisions And Castaways may not stand out as better than any other record, but its worth giving it a listen. Whitewater, Death Remains The Light and Reviver are perhaps the best songs, and overall the album is good, just not stand out amazing, and I have to admit, The Tide and its Takers was better, still... Well done guys, keep it up.

ianaimo
    silent_suicide wrote: Fantastic album, and a fantastic review to boot. We need more people to hear of these guys, they're too awesome to be as underground as they are
    I agreeeee