Rest Inside The Flames review by 36 Crazyfists

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
36 Crazyfists: Rest Inside The Flames

Well 36 Crazyfists have been back with this new album for a while now, and I have enjoyed listening to this Album every-second of every-day. It shows there progression in Music as they have evolved from Bitterness The Star to today. They show a much lighter side, with Bitterness The Star focusing on Quite Depressing notes RITF is a little less heavy and makes it very enjoyable. They are a huge presence on stage! and try to get to the front, because you may find yourself screaming "Rest Inside The Flames" on there track Elysium. As my friend found out a few gigs back, he even got in MetalHammer.

36 have allways been so imaginative with there lyrics, they live by the fact that there is no set message, and people can take what they want. Songs like Midnight Swim and Felt Through a Phoneline really move me, but songs like I'll Go Until My Heart Stops makes you just want to get up and beat out of somebody. It's a great mix. I also love there acoustic version of Midnight Swim, "The City Ignites". It Is an amazing track. Brocks Voice is so unique, his Alaskan Background must have played some part, it gives such an amazing variance over other bands of today.

I would like to say that 36 compare to all the other bands in whatever Genre they have been crammed into today, but the matter of the fact is that they don't really compare to anyone. I think one of the most amazing tracks is Elysium, it blows my mind. And with Guest Vocals from Howard Jones Of Killswitch Engage, you can't really say no. In fact at the last KsE gig, me and a few friends were shouting for Elysium, but Brock and the Boys didn't come out. I can safely say that I love this album, and on a personal note it changed my life. All I hate is, that it isnt 1000 times longer. Because I would be in heaven. If it were stolen or lost I would probably either tear my house to shreds trying to find it, or tear whoever took it to Shreds. Either way, I would definatly go out and buy a new copy, because it's that amazing. I really do Hate to give 10 accross the board because I like to be impartial in my reviews, but I can safely say I really love this album. Good for those of you, that love Melow and Heavy, like some thaught behind there lyrics, and have been through some in their life. that's my opinion anyway.

Sletvin
    To me if doesnt beat A snow Capped Romance, but I can't dislike it
    IlIk2plygUItAr
    Haha I still think of them as a local band from up here in Alaska, even though they are certified platnum haha
    redvetteZ06
    KoRn dude
    redvetteZ06 wrote: I remember 36 crazy fists playing when I was a kid in Anchorage, Alaska, and I rememebr when their band memeber died by a drunk driver. Long live the fists!
    I would love to have been there in the start of it all, It was the Bassist that died yes? Its a real shame..
    Joffisonfire
    This album is awesome. The drumming is sooooo good and Brock has a very unique voice. This is one of the best albums of 2006!!
    JWJW
    Yup, a great album. There's a couple of songs that seem weak in places, then Brock'll bring it back with his amazing vocals...or there'll be some kick ass drum part.
    padley2006
    i havent listened to any other album by 36 crazyfists yet... bt i decided to start from there newest album which is this and i loved it... his voice is so unique... i alwayz seem to like the song that every hates... cos in my opinion i fink number 2 is the best... but yer great band... great guitar... awsome drums... cnt waait to hear sum of there older stuff..
    metalclash22
    by far they're best album ever. heavy with a lot of great riffs and excellent vocal work. i'm proud to own their cd.
    ianaimo
    This cd is nothing short of amazing. I feel it is a toss up between RITF and ASCR as to being the best 36CF cd. "felt through a phone line" has to be one of my all time fav songs.