The Tide And Its Takers review by 36 Crazyfists

• Released: May 27, 2008
36 Crazyfists: The Tide And Its Takers

This album is perfectly constructed and produced. Every song fits in with the other, and the instruments are balanced to give you a full sound experience. This album is up there with the rest of how well they have performed with their other albums. There isn't a bad song at all, be it from the kick-ass screamed songs to the soft spoken acoustic songs.

The album altogether is a sort of concept album, talking about a boat at sea going to war (from what I've been told). The lyrics are warming and well written, being able to take you through different moods with Brock's vocal ability. As usual, not a bad lyric, and there's something worth quoting in each song.

This album is a must buy. I've been anticipating it for months, and it's anticipation paid off. I have known this band for a short time (only a year or so) but I can tell you hand on heart this has to be some of their best work yet. I know what you're thinking, "He's a fan, he's asskissing", but even if I wasn't a fan, I think I would enjoy this album. Metalcore may be a dying genre, but the crazyfists are there keeping it alive.