The Tide And Its Takers review by 36 Crazyfists

• Released: May 27, 2008
36 Crazyfists: The Tide And Its Takers

36 Crazyfists are a band that over the past year I have grown very fond of. There sound is, I have to say, some of the best out their. "the Tide And it's Takers" is the best sounding album to date. it's a album that has broken out of their usual liner ways. The band has matured and have found a very stable sound which can bring a tear to your eye or just make you want to mosh till your back breaks. The Bass, Guitar and drumming is a standard up from what it used to be. This is present in the songs "The Tide And it's Takers", "Only a Year or so" and "Absent Are The Saints". From the slow acoustic guitars to their metalcore roots the whole album isn't far off perfect. The only complaint is that I can see someone getting a bit bored of a few of the songs very quickly

Brock Lindow is one of the finest singer on the scene at the moment. "The Tide And it's Takers" really shows this. Out of the whole band I really think Brock deserves the most credit. his voice has got deeper and more (again) mature. He brings this out in the songs "Absent are the saints" and "The Back Harlow Road". The lyrics are tasteful and suit 36CF very well, for example "Only A Year Or So" (which is my favorite song) the contrast between such a heart wenching subject of being away from home and going to war and then it to break it up with harsh machine gun beat makes this one of the most lyrically perfect song on the album. Th only problem is some of the songs lyrics are very predictable.

Overall I love this album. It really brings about the emotion and feelings from the bottom of my soul but at the same time just makes me want to see them live. The best thing about this album is how Brock has matured in a lyrical sense and how his voice has changed, not too much but in a way that makes me want to just go and see them live again. In my opinion this album is up there with "Bitterness The Star", every 36CH fan and too be fan with love this album.

smive
    Fecker wrote: STEVE HOLT!!!
    +1 okay album but not their best imo
    TheAmenCorner89
    One of the few metalcore bands I quite like (others being Lamb of God, Trivium and Shadows Fall). Haven't heard this album yet, but Thier last 2 albums have been good listens, hope this one has moved away from the metalcore aspect a little.
    Mihyaeru
    All subgenres are made up as in itsd just a word used to try and describe the sound....but tbh i find they get a lil redicluous I mean you eventually get to the point where your saying something so specific the name is about 5 words long! Trying to pigeonhole music is annoying tbh imo.
    Mihyaeru
    but as far as the album goes I quitel iked Snow capped romance and the songs ive heard off bitternes the star were good too so hopefully this is jsut as good
    thebigal
    Conor360
    thebigal wrote: What can i say, i think this CD is fantastic. I had never heard of these guys until reading the review. I went out and bought the CD it sounds great. yeah so they use G tunning, but i love that sound.
    they use drop c tuning actually like every other metalcore band out there
    Conor360
    i will have a review up soon since i have nothing else to do during this summer.
    the agony scene
    i thought this was better than rest inside the flames i didnt like it upon the first listen but its really grown on me, a sign of good music in my opinion.A snow capped romance is their best dont think theyil ever surpass that
    =Roach=
    -UG A spot on review here, you've definately done your research aswell it seems. This album, like the past three surpasses any expectations I may have had. The Tide And Its Takers definately opens your eyes widely to a band I think is MOST deserving of the recognition most bands today lack.
    JJpunksk8r
    they changed big time on this but i love it they had alot of gr8 tracks like the all night lights, we gave it hell, absent are the saints, and the accustic song the tide and its takers is gr8
    jacobsmolik1
    ianaimo
    jacobsmolik1 wrote: these guys have the greatest sttage presence. i wasn't a true fan until i saw them live...it changed me
    I'm going to have to agree with you on that one. I had been trying to see them ever since bitterness the star came out but shit always came up whenever they would come around maryland. Then I FINALLY got to see them, right after rest inside the flames came out, playing with kittie, walls of jericho, and in this moment in virginia. I have to say i was blown away HOLY CRAP. They were insane live. The only band that topped them in stage presence that night was walls of jericho. i never liked that band but holy crap they destroyed shit live. my heart was still with 36CF though because i liked them on cd and live.