Away From the Sun review by 3 Doors Down

• Released: Nov 12, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
3 Doors Down: Away From the Sun

3 Doors Down uses a southwestern sound to their guitar riffs similar to what Nickelback uses (which is ironic because the Canadian Nickelback has a better southwestern sound then 3 Doors Down, who hail from a forign land called Alabama), but their guitar lick are still good. Despite their strenghts their guitar parts have, the guitars over power the bass, and the lead singer has a good voice that souds good with an acoustic guitar, but sounds mediocre when it is trying to carry a distriton section.

The lyrical composure has some stong points, like in "Here with out you", and "Away from the Sun". Yet most of the lyrics sound rather cheesy and annoying ("Ticket to Heaven" may possibly be the worst song by a band I like.

Away from the Sun is definatly as good as their first album Better Life. The best track on this album for me is the hidden track at the end. I would recomend buying their first album and skip this one, unless you have a passion for bad lyrics. Yet 3 Doors Down is still a band I like.