Away From the Sun review by 3 Doors Down

• Released: Nov 12, 2002
3 Doors Down: Away From the Sun

I like what 3 Doors Down has going on. I really like all the appregios they often use in their songs. The sound is usually melody in the verses with some heavy power chords in the chorus. Most of the songs usually have something to do with life. Such are being away from home and having to many things to do in too little of time, just to name two. Often you will find acoustic driven tracks like Here Without You. Other songs just come for you by the throat, like Going Down In Flames. Sometimes the songs will have solos which I engoy since many bands now don't play solos. If there is a solo it is a good one. Basically 3 Doors Down is modern rock with a little bit soft rock added to it.

The lyrics are okay. Though sometimes Brad Arnold (the singer) repeats himself. The main thing he usually repeats is about his family loving him while is away from home. In fact, two whole songs are about that. While I'm Gone and Here Without You. Fortunately, he doesn't repeat himself too much to cause a dislike. The singing skills are okay as well. Basically on the same level as the lyrics.

3 Doors Down's newest album Away From the Sun is about the same and even better sometimes than their first album, The Better Life. I think they got better at their game during that time between the two albums. The most impressive songs are While I'm Gone, Away From the Sun, Road I'm On, Going Down In Flames, Changes, This Game and Sarah Yellin. Also watch out for that hidden track at the album, track 12. It will start playing at about 30 seconds. This album is worth your money. If you like The Better Life, than you should love Away From the Sun.