Seventeen Days review by 3 Doors Down

• Released: Feb 8, 2005
3 Doors Down: Seventeen Days

My impression of the sound was pretty good. It sounds a lot like their first album in terms of tone and feeling. The story isn't really anything in particular, although it leaves you with a feeling of being wanted. The styles are mostly distorted riffs that aren't too hard to play and a few clean electric intros. There are a couple of acoustic-type songs on the album. One has all acoustic and the other is has a acoustic rhythm. I think the sound is a little stagged with too much of the same effects, they use the "When I'm Gone" sounds too much.

The lyrics are well done, personalized to the general public. I like the lyrics of "Father's Son" especially. Catchy twists through the song and the music's drums/guitars pick that up well. The singer, Brad, does a well done job in the vocals. It is consistent. Bob Seger sings along his side on "Landing London".

It doesn't beat out the "Away From The Sun" album but it is better then "The Better Life." It's a good album in general, the music is somewhat repetitive in some ways it's alright to keep your sound but using the same tone in many songs through 4 years of being a band isn't. The better songs are the single "Let Go," "Father's Son" and the soon to be hit "Landing London." Bob Seger's vocals on this sparkle. If it was stolen or lost I wouldn't get it right away. I would in time but not right away. I reccomend this album to fans of 3 Doors Down, not to just anyone.