Seventeen Days review by 3 Doors Down

• Released: Feb 8, 2005
3 Doors Down: Seventeen Days

I bought this album a week ago, and the first time I listened to it, I thought it was a typical 3 Doors Down album. However, listening to it more and more I began to develop a sense of feeling that it was not just run of the mill, it was pure excellence. I would rate this highly among their other albums such as 'The Better Life', 'Away From The Sun' and their live album 'Another 700 Miles'. The sound has got better every consecutive album they have released and it could be argued that this is their best.

Lyrically, I think that this album is well done and I believe that there is a lot of meaning to many of the songs on here. The compliance of the music and lyrics is impressive, and of course the singing, as always, compliments the music. I think this band are great and I would love to see them live.

I would argue that this is possibly the best album 3 Doors Down have done, very closely followed by Away From The Sun. The music has such a distinctive warm, but at the same time, rocky sound. I think this is an amazing masterpiece, the best song being 'Let Me Go', and I think this band could go far. At the moment they are disturbingly underrated and I think that anyone who has not heard this band should go and buy an album by them!