Seventeen Days review by 3 Doors Down

• Released: Feb 8, 2005
3 Doors Down: Seventeen Days

I have always liked this great band and own all of their previous albums (The Better Life and Away From The Sun). It's nice too see how they evolved since the better life (which was great too by the way) and how they got more confident in their music. They are harder than ever on some of their songs and then suddenly the sound becomes more quiet and peaceful without totally ruining the song. Some of my favorite songs were 'Behind Those Eyes', 'The Real Life' and 'Right Where I Belong' but I have to say my top favorite is 'Let Me Go'.

The lyrics were great just like all of their previous work and I find them really emotional and powerful. The singers has a special voice which can be recognized out of a thousand others and he uses it well. The music really carried the lyrics and exploded at the right moments so that's a good point too.

I really like this album and it's really inspiring to make your own music. In comparison to their other albums I'd have to say I'm missing something and that is a song which you can listen to a thousand times and still not get tired of it (Kryptonite, Going Down In Flames) but it's an album which you should listen to entirely a few times to really appreciate it's sound and lyrics. If it were stolen or lost I'd probably buy another copy because this is an album you should really have in your collection.