The Better Life review by 3 Doors Down

• Released: Feb 8, 2000
3 Doors Down: The Better Life

It sounds kind of like something old to me by like 2-3 years but it's refreshing and new. It kind of reminds of ColdPlay or SnowPatrol but sertain songs also remind me of Hinder or Van Halen so it's like a clever little mix between many of my favorit artists. The CD's design and layout of music was obviosly researched and well done. The bands look physicaly can look better to me but I don't know how others feel on that. I don't think they have the same image that their music puts out but there is always room to change for everyone.

The lyrics are cleverly laid out and I love it how they don't ryme. Many bands like to have every line ryme with one another which this band doesn't do. I like how it doesn't reflect towards suicide or violence like many others do and at the same time it bugs my parents. lol Isn't that what it's all about. No but the singer is very talented and they need to keep putting out more and more of these great hits.

Yes it does compare to other CDs if it isn't better. The best songs from this CD where ofcoarse the songs that most people most likly bought this CD for " Kryptonite " and " Loser " which are two songs often played on the radio and talked about threwout forums and/or schools and places like that. I love the songs of this CD and the design of the CD but the case cover and back is kind of plain and could be brightened up more. That doesn't mean they need to change anything. They are original and I think it's great with or without my opinions.

zwenny
    Until today there has never been a better album from them. I first heard the Song "Loser" because someone who gave it to me thought it was a Donout song. I've heard it for a while between other Donout songs and realized that it wasn't a song of them. So i searched the web to find out more about the song. As i heard the CD i was completly happy because beside from "Loser" there are so many good songs ("So I Need You", "Be Like That", "Duck And Run"). This band was very interesting to me because of it's reference to old rock music. But as they published "Away From The Sun" and when the song "Here Without You" was celebrated, i was very disappointed of 3 Doors Down, because i think from this success on they became more and more commercial :-(