Advance And Vanquish review by 3 Inches of Blood

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
3 Inches of Blood: Advance And Vanquish

Over the top vocals and great riffs that will make you bang your head for years. The sound is very original, clean super high vocals, along to gutteral vocals, over a power metal-type music with lyrics about pirates, kings, warriors, and metal! But don't get them wrong, they are not posers, they love metal. I'm sure you've all heard "Deadly Sinners" (track 2), but this is far from the best song. But every song on this album is great, one of few records that has all great songs.

3 Inches of Blood has two vocalists, Cam Pipes (clean vocals, he sings very high, he is great, not gay, all people who say his vocals are gay can go to hell), and Jamie Hooper (He provides gutteral vocals), they have cam singing the lead parts with jamie providing backing, it's a unique combination but it sounds amazing.

One of the best metal CDs ever, in my opinion, it is my favourite album. Much better recording than their previous album and mch better songs. The only thing really bad about the album is the guitar players aren't the most talented, they write awesome riffs, but their solos are something to go nuts about. Buy this CD! If someone steals it, take off his head, because you must either kill or die!

Metalhead45
    Most amazing metal album I have bought to date. It never gets old, its fun to listen to, and I love TIOB!!!!!