Fire Up The Blades review by 3 Inches of Blood

• Released: Jun 26, 2007
3 Inches of Blood: Fire Up The Blades

This is by far my favorite 3 Inches of Blood album. In my opinion it's heavier and faster that the other albums, yet retains that subtle awesomeness that keeps people listneing to 3 Inches of Blood. Personally, I find that you either love, or you hate 3 Inches of Blood. To me the lead singer has absolutely fantastic vocals and I can't get enough of them on this CD. Songs like Night Marauders, Forest King, God of the Cold White Silence and The Trial of Champions are the best examples of the lead singers capabilities in my opinion. This album has more of a Power Metal feel than previous albums. I rate this a 10 because I absolutely love the sound of this album and 3 Inches of Blood just keep working their way up the charts. At least they are in my books.

As per the usual, 3 Inches of Blood normally tell a song in their lyrics. Songs about epic battles, probably other stuff, and then like every band they have songs that have no meaning and are just songs created for you to headbang to and say "wow this song rawks!" To me the singer, both the clean vocals and the screaming vocals are perfect and really combine together well. The lyrics also fit perfectly with the beat of the songs and the pace of them and it all adds together great in my opinion. They also have more solos than before I find, but they aren't 3 minute long solos of pure wankery, just a little interlude to take a break fromt he screaming, nothing too intense, and then it's back to the song, I really like that about 3 Inches of Blood. I give this a 10 because I can't understand a lot of what he says but it sounds really good so 10.

I find 3 Inches of Blood to have their very own unique sound and aren't similar to any other bands today. That's just my opinion but I think it's true, I haven't come across anyone that even reminds me of 3 Inches of Blood. To me I find the best songs on the Album to be Night Marauders, The Goatrider's Horde, God of the Cold White Silence, and Trial of Champions, but there are no songs on the album that I would say "this song sucks skip it," they are all great. I more or less love everything about this album, I love the vocals and the fast paced power metal feel they have. I can't think of anything that I hate really, to me it's their best album. If someone stole it I would go buy it again and stab them with the CD case and then listen to the CD cause it's good, and you should too. Yeah I realize I rated everything at 10, but I have absolutely nothing to complain about or be unhappy with, I really love this new album, you should go buy it now.

666feetunder
    true_bacon22 : best canadian band ever... and I prefer to decribe them as if rob halford took over for hetfield in metallica but like..good.
    They are great but not the best "canadian band ever" I personally think KATKALYSM is Better but i still love theses guys
    Nannada
    These guys rocked HARD at Ozzfest. My favorite band of the night, next to Ozzy. I bought this CD for more money than you'd normally get it, then learned I'd get to meet these guys, and they're freakin' awesome. They're definately one of my favorite bands. And I'd buy the CD again even if it wasn't stolen, just to say I have 2.
    b.c. warlock
    3 inches of blood kicked ass at ozzfest, this album is amazing if you don't have go buy it!
    trendkill-
    if you love Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, Iced Earth, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian (like you should)
    u dam well should
    trendkill-
    The_Vinson wrote: This album is indeed very powerful. Heavy and fast, just how I like it Recommended for people who miss old thrash metal.
    we need more like them
    MetalHead_91
    Now if we had more bands like this, Metal would be so much better. Way to help revive the classic metal sound in a fresh new way. - as cheesy as it sounds.
    ginger_ninja1
    never been a fan of this type of music but my curiosity got the better of me and im sooooo glad it did!!!! this album is insane (still gettin used to the high, ball pinchin vocals) and is hopefully a good measure of the quality of music we are going to hear for years to come!!