When Your Heart Stops Beating review by +44

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
+44: When Your Heart Stops Beating

The sound of this album is extremely different to the sound of Blink 182. The albums track are very tech rock. There is a lot of electronic beats along with those of the basic instruments (guitar, bass, and drums). Even though the album was very pop rockish it was still very good. The drums on the album are amazing. But can you expect anything less from Travis Barker. Overall I am very impressed with album.

The lyrics for this album are amazing. They are extremely moving. they also very different from the songs written by Blink 182 about salking girls and teen love. The songds are about real life problems theese guy are experincing. The song "No It Isn't" was written by Mark Hoppus after Blink 182 had broken up and is extremely moving. "Lets cut our wrists and burn down something beautiful." has got to mean something. On Mark Hoppus' singing abilities I have no complaints. They fit the music very well.

"When You Heart Stops Beating", compares to no other album or artist I have heard. With the exception of Blink 182 considering the singer/bassist Mark Hoppus and drummer Travis barker were both in Blink 182. The most impressive songs off the album would have to be as follows "Baby, Come On", "Cliff Diving", "Lycanthrope", "Make You Smile", and "Capter XIII". I love the the people in the band first of all. I also love how different it sounds to other bands. It takes a step out of the ordinary and from the bland common mainstream rock that is played on the radio. If I were to somehow loose this album I would of course buy it again. this album is great. Buy it, borrow it from a friend I don't care just listen to the album.