When Your Heart Stops Beating review by +44

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
+44: When Your Heart Stops Beating

The CD's has a vass array of sounds. Going from your normal blink sound to something more mellow and electronic (including synth), and some piano here and there. Mark's voice seems to be calm most of the time, though on others he tries just a little to hard to make the note and his voice strains. There is little vocal backups, and 'Make You Smile' is a duet with the bands original singer Carol Heller. Travis' drums are easily enough unique to him. There really isn't anyway to describe it, just unique.

The lyrics are pretty much amazing. The words flow together, and have their catchy feeling to them. From singing from everything from Love to betrayal. The music flows maybe not as well as it should but it flows regardless. Mark's voice ranges from a calm mellow deep voice, to a strained high. The albums lyrics overall seem a little dark, though very meaningful.

The question if it contains with the old Blink music? No it simply doesn't. Compared to AVA (Angels And Airwaves), it really just depends on your taste in music, I preffer AVA's just because of it's faster more lightened mood. I'm most impressed with the song 'Cliff Diving,' you've got the catchy tune and the upbeat fast paced that people have loved. 'Baby Come On' is also one of those slow starters but leads into a nice song. I love that the remains of Blink were able to gather things up and continue to make great music. Though there are three different color's of the CD. Though it's just for looks, nothing special about them. If I lost it I'd probably end up buying it again. Just because I'm a fan of Mark, and Travis' past work.