When Your Heart Stops Beating review by +44

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
+44: When Your Heart Stops Beating

Now this is what I call a brutal comeback, after the breakup of Blink 182 about ten years ago, tom delonge's angels and airwaves released "we don't need to whisper", it was quite a major hit but I disliked it after I heard a bit of it, but here's mark hoppus and travis barker's offering: when your heart stops beating. Personally, I thought this would turn out to be some pop punk-wannabe-rubbish, but after hearing the stuff on myspace, I immediately went to buy the album and damn I was surprised. The songs here sway from the old Blink 182 scene, the old masturbation and girls thing is gone, what comes in to replace it is a darker, more mature rock album, with it comes excellent guitar riffs, good drum patterns, and the trademark Mark Hoppus voice, something that's totally new.

Like I said earlier, the lyrics are darker, and to some extent, a bit emo: "Let's slit our wrists and burn down something beautiful", but what I think will many peoples attention is the lyrics in "No, I Isn't," whih gives Mark's view of the Blink split-up, but whether you're interested in the split-up or the othe lyrics, you won't dislike these lyrics to any extent.

This is a good debut album from a punk band with lot's of potential, it gives the hardcore Blink 182 fan what he wants but also introduces plenty of new elements for someone seeking something different, the songs that grabbed me are "Lycanthrope", "Cliff Diving" and "When Your Heart Stops Beating", but aside from that, every other is alright and deserves to all be released as singles, +44's going to rock some day.