When Your Heart Stops Beating review by +44

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
+44: When Your Heart Stops Beating

When Blink 182 broke up and AVA started I knew Mark would start a new band. Then when I found out he was I started listening to there songs. Then I got there album & it blew me away. The sound is very bassy & sort of '80s. It's kind of punkish like Blink 182 but different. You can tell Mark sang 2 parts on basically all the songs. The drums are amazing. The guitar is also good & matches with the keyboards.

The lyrics are very emo. I think that Mark wrote them about Blink's break-up or wrote the lyrics when Blink 182 was breaking up. But other than that they are fine. The singing is very good & clear. If the lyrics weren't emo the singing would be 10 times better. But from the live stuff I hear mark isn't the best singer live.

Wow, this CD is very, very good. I think that it is much better than anything Blink 182 has ever done. I also think the best songs on this album are "No It Isn't", "Little Dead, "Lillian", "155", & "Baby Come On". I love the album becuase of the singing and the music genre. I hate it because of the emo lyrics. If this CD were stolen or lost I would buy again deffinatly.