When Your Heart Stops Beating review by +44

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
+44: When Your Heart Stops Beating

This is their debut album. The first thing you should know is that that the bassist (Mark Hoppus) and the drummer (Travis Barker) are the guys from Blink 182, so you know this is gonna be good. The CD is a mix of Pop-punk and rock and they pull it off. Their are a few songs which take a bit for it to reach its potential but when they do they rock solid. They pull off a good beat with the drum kit which can be hip-hopish to the Blink 182 style. There are two guitarist and how else can I say this, they play awesome music.

Some of the lines need a bit of work but just one or two so when you look at the whole album it doesn't really matter. Mark (the lead vocalist) will go on about the stuff everyone goes on about e.g.: having fun times, stealing crap, how he feels about a chick but in the song "No It Isn't" he sings about his old band-mate Tom Delonge which you should look out for. He can sing can keep in tune by the way.

They have so many stand out songs I would feel stupid to name them all, but nearly every song could easily be a hit. I love the way they put their music together. Some songs are quite original but I don't like it when it takes a while to get into but all in all it's a great album and I would defiantly buy it again if it was lost or stolen. But it yourself and check it out.

coltsfball32
    I'm sorry I bashed +44 so much earlier, i was in a bad mood. I don't like them anywere as much as blink but Travis and Mark are still 2 of the coolest people alive.
    ok I agree with enthax, you have no idea what your talking about. Travis Barker has been argued to be in the top 5 best drummers in the history of music, so don't talk.
    coltsfball32
    Mark Hoppus needs 3 things to succeed: Voice Lessons, Lyrics that actually make sense "So lets go down to the water" What the heck???, and Tom DeLong. +44 is like Blink without a good singer, good songwriting, or things to write about. The are lame and are an embarrasment to Blink and AVA. My only advice is that Travis Barker should get out now and join a real band.
    enthax
    This CD is crap. I'm a huge blink fan so I try to listen to everythin with mark, tom, or travis. The drums are good, and there maybe like 2 or 3 good songs on the album, but overall this CD sucks. They don't even need 2 guitars. I think they picked those 2 guys off the side of the street or something. Tom isn't the greatest guitarest but he's like Hendrix compared to them. Angels and airwaves are by far better then plus 44. I think Travis Barker is great and all, but even he's not good enough to carry plus 44.
    enthax
    gsr2k6 wrote: Ugh I am sick of people acting like travis barker is an amazing drummer... I dont understand why people think that. The album is horrible from what I have heard, A crappy band broke up and this even worse one spawned from it.
    Why do people say he's a good drummer? Maybe because he is. If you have ever even played a drum set you would know. He is without a doubt the best musican in the band, but for plus 44 that's not really saying much.
    dreamerontherun
    don't worry private, my copy is also green. I love this album, took a while to grow on me but i reckon it's awesome. Mark's voice is actually really good on it, I didn't think he could go a whole album so solidly. Now one of my fav bands, best songs are No,It Isn't, Little Death, Make You Smile in my opinion.