When Your Heart Stops Beating review by +44

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
+44: When Your Heart Stops Beating

Simply put, "When Your Heart Stops Beating" is an amazing album. No two songs sound alike, as the songs can range from happy, feel good songs to heavier songs that make you think. I love the band's electronic sound on tracks such as "155" (named for it's 155 beats per minute). Some have called it an "emo" record, but I cannot disagree more (just because someone shows emotion and feelings in music does not mean that it is emo). Tracks such as "Baby Come On" possess heartfelt yet hopeful lyrics, such as "The past is only the future with the lights on/so quit crying your eyes out, baby." Concerning vocals, I think Mark's voice sounds the best as it ever has. On some parts his voice goes high and strained, but this simply adds to the rawness and honesty of the album, it's awesome. Much different than a lot of music out there, I love it.

The lyrics on this album are honest. The lyrics and music have a wonderful way of flowing together and fit like a puzzle in my opinion. Mark himself has said that the lyrics on this album are obviously the most mature he has ever done.He deserves a pat on the back, because they are his best. Mark was fantastc vocally on this album, no doubt the best of his career thus far.

This album is unlike anything. I don't want to compare it to Blink, because they are completely different entities. Compared to AvA, I'd have to guess that the average Blink fan would lean towards +44, however. Honestly, all of the songs pack a punch of their on and are all impressive in different ways. I love everything about this album, it is one of the best and my favorite albums that I have ever heard. I cannot stop listening! If it were stolen or lost, I would hands down buy it again (and in every color).

TheGuitarDreams
    urrynater wrote: I'm a real metal head but i'm surprised to say i think +44 is a good band. +44>Blink 182>Good Charlotte>AVA (yeah, i just said good charlotte is better than angels and airwaves...why are you so surprised?)
    Tom hater, but Angels and Airwaves is alot better than that. +44 > AVA but only by a little. I acutally enjoyed "we don't need to whisper" very laidback album.
    Tbarkerrocks
    i think its hilarious when ppl say that +44 sucks and ava is better...and when they say travis is a horrible drummer...that just shows who is a musician and who isnt!only dumbshits say that ava as good