Bigger, Better, Faster, More! review by 4 Non Blondes

• Released: Oct 13, 1992
4 Non Blondes: Bigger, Better, Faster, More!

Best known for their hit song "What's Up?" 4 Non Blondes only released their only studio album, "Bigger, Better, Faster, More!" Throughout the recording there are heavy riffs and solos, mellow chords, harmonised bass lines, steady drumming and the amazing vocal talents of Linda Perry. There is also additional keyboards, harmonica, violin and cello used on some songs. While the CD is basically rock, it shows significant influence from blues and funk styles, which I usually wouldn't like but they manage to make it some what appealing to me. The members of 4 Non Blondes worked exceptionally well together to create these songs; with some warm and uplifting in nature, whereas others are chilling yet beautiful. It really surprises me that they broke up a couple of years after it's release.

The lyrics of 4 Non Blondes are very inspirational, emotional and suit the band's sound perfectly. Linda Perry is the main lyricist of the band and with her voice she makes the lyrics and music all the more meaningful. She has a very unique, powerful voice that could sing just about any style. Linda's range of techniques are very vast, but some of her techniques and pronounciations may make people cringe and even stop listening to the record. At first I wasn't too fond of a few of her techniques, but after a few listens I was able to appreciate her true talent.

If my copy of "Bigger, Better, Faster, More!" were stolen or lost I would definitely buy it again! The overall sound, dynamics and structure of the songs on this album are fabulous. It's a very good CD to just listen and chill out to. This album is now one of my favourites and I still get goosebumps everytime I hear "What's Up?" or "Morphine & Chocolate".

doyletomas
    Have been listening to this album for 20 years... there was a few years in the middle when the album went missing and I was too caught up in playing in bands etc... life has settled down in the last few years and I bought a new copy... I'm the same, if I lost it again, I'd buy it again!
    methedrineradio
    God, I fucking hated "What's Up" back in the day. That goddamn song was on the radio almost 24/7 back in '94 or so. Anyway, when I listened to the full album I was really surprised. This was a great blues-rock flavored record. Even if I haven't listened to it in ages...
    mousepad2
    LINDA PERRY IS A FUCKING GODDESS AND A LEGEND. DRIFTIN' IS AMONG THE FINEST SONGS EVER WRITTEN AND WHATS UP IS AN IMMORTAL CLASSIC
    darkseason
    Yes, this was a really good album. Linda Perry is a talented songwriter and I was pleasantly surprised to hear she was still writing hit songs for Pink and Christina Aguillra.