Show Me review by 54-40

54-40: Show Me

This is the commercial break through for Canadian rockers 54-40. They show their signature alternative/classic rock styles here. The album is very well produced and I think that the band was at its peak and still hungry for fame. The droning guitars and truthful lyrics of Neil Osbourne make this album a classic.

The lyrics are amazing for people this young. In the '80s everyone knows that rock n roll music wasn't at its best but with bands like 54-40 and the Tragically Hip, Canada was ahead of the alternative music boom in the mid-'90s. The lyrics fit very well with the simple and charging music of the band. They describe everything going through a 20-something of that era. The vocals aren't amazing, but who cares as long as they sound good?

It is probably one of the best 54-40 albums in their long catalog. I love the songs "One Gun," "Show Me," and of course their signature song "One Day In Your Life." Buy this album or at least download it, genius like this does not deserve to unheard (especially seeing how popular they are in Canada). I love the tones and heavy melodic sounds on the record. If someone stole it I would easily get it again.

alex_1422
    54-40 are a very underrated band. They just started at the wrong time, but Heavey Mellow is my favorite CD that I own, and I saw them live and they were fantastic