5 Seconds of Summer review by 5 Seconds Of Summer

• Released: Jun 27, 2014
5 Seconds Of Summer: 5 Seconds of Summer

All of the members (Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, Michael Clifford, and Calum Hood) all sing at some point on the album. They can sing fairly well for boys ages 19-21 (as of July 2015). I would say their vocal range is fantastic. Plus, the riffs on guitar are amazing, and I don't see how you could compare them to anyone else. The pop rock band uses basic instruments which they play, such as lead electric guitar, second electric guitar, drum set, and bass guitar. Of course, vocals is a key part of the debut album. Overall, I'd say they are a band to watch out for, because the talent is definitely there.

Lyrically, 5 Seconds Of Summer has a solid performance. The songs are meaningful, but catchy, as you can hear by listening to their hit song "Amnesia." The boys' singing pairs nicely with the words they sing. All the lyrics are original, and are sure to pull you in. They even wrote three of their songs with Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low, and I must say those songs are exceptionally well written. They have a great range vocally which goes well with the lyrics. Well written, I'll say that again. Keep an eye out for this Aussie band.

I'll be straightforward here, they are like nothing I've heard before, and I believe that is what I enjoy about them. The instrument skills are through the roof, especially Michael Clifford on second guitar. They are definitely influenced by the '90s punk bands they listened to, but managed to create a style all their own. The most impressive songs in my opinion would have to be "Long Way Home," "Amnesia," "Tomorrow Never Dies," and "Close as Strangers." If this album was stolen from me or lost, I would without a doubt buy it again. Every beat, every word, every note is worth it.

Ghiklnos
    Not a completely terrible album but it's pretty bad. Even ignoring the fact that this is not my kind of music, it's generic, tasteless and lacking personality. Not to mention having possibly the worst line ever written-"She looks so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear."
    Ghiklnos
    theycallmeRose
    I'm just going to ignore all the hate because this is a really amazing album considering that they were all teenager when it was released. They have just released a new album ad it is just as incredible. I am a huge fan of 5sos (proving that their fanbase does have people other that 10-13 year old girls) They are amazing so well done 5sos! Don't stop doing what ur doing! xx