Season For Assault Review

8 Foot Sativa: Season For Assault
Released: Sep 13, 2004
Genre: Death Metal / Thrash Metal
Label: Black Mark Records
This album was the last album to feature vocalist Justin 'Jackhammer' Niessen, and the first to feature drummer Sam Sheppard.
 8.7
 9.3
 8.1
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Season For Assault Reviewed by: ZigZag667, on july 13, 2009

Sound: 8 Foot Sativa are a Melodic Death metal New Zealand made band, they have a very distinctive sound with all aspects of the band. The music can be love it or hate it in some instances but this album is one of the few out there that you could put on repeat and listen to it from start to finish over and over. 2 weeks prior to recording the album the vocalist Justin "Jackhammer" Niessen left the band, but all was not lost as Sam Sheppard's Brother, Matt, stepped up to the plate and joined the group. There is use of Thrash, Death and Melodic Death metal have been used throughout the album making it that much more enjoyable. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are very blunt and addressing very extremist ideas for example from the title track Season For Assault: "I'll reach in and break your spine, Your ruptured organs feed the divine, He created your soul. Your heart is mine, You can't hide from me don't run from me". Also other lyrics from their song For Religions to Suffer: "I just live and bleed for religions to suffer, Why can't you just see that god was a sinner, It was rape that caused your holy messiah, If she had a brainstem she would've killed him". The lyrics go seemlessly with the music and is perfectly orchistrated to go with Justins vocal ability on this album and even his scream is very well worked on and around 90% of the lyrics can be heard which adds to the enjoyment factor. // 10

Overall Impression: I find this album very hard to compare to albums released by other bands of the same genres because I find that 8 Foot Sativa has such a unique sound which sets them apart from the rest quite nicely. My personal favourite songs are: "Season for Assault", "Chelsea Smile", "The Abused" and "For Religions to Suffer". There isn't much to hate about this album except the fact that the track "Believer" from their previous album "Hate Made Me" wasn't on this album. This would have to be my favourite album of all time and I'd go to extreme lengths to ensure that I had a copy in my collection at all times. // 9

Comments