For Those Who Have Heart review by A Day to Remember

• Released: Jan 23, 2007
A Day to Remember: For Those Who Have Heart

Let me start off by just saying, this is my first review of a CD, ever, but we'll see what will come from this. :D I'll be reviewing each song off the album, enjoy. 01. The Downfall Of Us All: very catchy intro riff, nothin' but good chugging in the beginning. Nice chorus with a nice taste of punk on the side, considering from the gang vocals in the bridge and at the end. 02. My Life For Hire: my favorite track off the album, this is probably the song I play every time I tune my guitar to drop C. Amazing chorus with a bad ass bridge. "THIS IS A BATTLEGROUND!" 03. I'm Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?: I like it, there's nothing really to say or complain about this song, just a very nice track off the album, featuring the vocalist of The Devil Wears Prada. 04. NJ Legion Iced Tea: one of their most punk songs on the album, catchy chorus, one of those songs everyone would love to hear. 05. Mr. Highway's Thinking About The End: possibly the most hardcore track off the album, the intro riff is gives an eerie feeling. My favorite breakdown off the album, next to My Life For Hires breakdown. 06. Have Faith In Me: probably the most mainstream song A Day To Remember has ever made. This song was alright, I honestly think that it was the weakest song off the album song. 07. Welcome To The Family: excellent song, somewhat my most favorite chorus from the album. Seems like the kind of chorus that would get stuck in your head for a few weeks. Until you find another A Day To Remember song that is equally addicting. Another cool breakdown too. 08. Homesick: I love this song! The chorus makes you miss your family and loved ones, well, that is if you're not with them. 09. Holdin' It For The Underground: my second favorite track off the album, the main riff reminds me a little bit of Blink 182 for odd some reason, but the rest after that sounds like ADTR, haha. Good song. 10. You Already Know What You Are: short song, should have been longer, but I like it, especially the breakdown. The song's the kind of song to get the crowd hyped and ready to fuck shit up. 11. Another Song About The Weekend: and lastly, my third favorite song, the song relates to my life so much. I like it. Another nice breakdown too. 12. If It Means A Lot To You: the only acoustic song of Homesick. Features the vocalist of Sierra Kusterbeck from Versa Emerge. Their ambient sound together sounds amazing.

The lyrics are a perfect balance between not over doing the whole "I love you" thing, and the "I hate you, I hope you die" sort of thing. Can't really say anything about the lyrics really, but all I know that the album has great lyrics. Catchy too! But not enough to say, "Wow I hear this song EVERYWHERE, I'm sick of it..."

This is really the first album I've heard from A Day To Remember, probably my favorite too. Seems like all the songs could be top singles. If my CD copy was stolen, I would buy it right away, but on iTurnes, because my CD copy would eventually get stolen by some other person again.

Insomnia69
    @Alpha_Wolf Yeah sorry about that! I reposted it to Homesick this time.