For Those Who Have Heart review by A Day to Remember

• Released: Jan 23, 2007
A Day to Remember: For Those Who Have Heart

"For Those Who Have Heart" is one of many A Day To Remember albums that have impressed me. Jeremy McKinnon, the band's talented lead vocalist, uses a wide range of clean and unclean vocals from a high to a low pitch interchangeably and heavily influence's the band's metalcore style. The instruments are equally as good as the vocals, with some good riffs from the band's guitarists (Tom Denney and Neil Westfall, lead and rhythm guitar respectively) and heavy breakdowns that have inspired moshpits and walls of death played live. Overall, the sound on this album is of a very high quality, on both heavy and softer songs.

Lyrically, the album is not too special. Many other albums have much more meaning lyrically to me, but no specifically meaningful lyrics or verses come to mind when thinking about this album. A few of the songs ("The Price We Pay" or "The Danger in Starting a Fire," for example) do have mildly catchy lyrics due to repetition, but there are very few (if not none) lyrics that have any real meaning or sentiment to me as a listener. Aside from meaning or content, the delivery of such lyrics are well done by McKinnon and the spoken - or screamed - words on the album combine well with the instruments.

Overall, this album is more than adequate. The aforementioned vocals and instrumentals work together to form a heavy - but not too heavy - atmosphere when listening to this album, leaving a lasting impression after each song. Best song: I would say the best song on the album has to be "The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle" simply due to the memorable riff at the beginning, reinforced by the breakdown and the mixture of sung and screamed vocals, which creates a hair-raising tune that I can listen to peacefully, but also form a 1-man wall of death to. Would recommend to fans of early Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, and We Came As Romans.