Homesick review by A Day to Remember

• Released: Feb 3, 2009
A Day to Remember: Homesick

A Day To Remember just like in their other CDs have a very diverse sound they have some nice singing songs and other songs that are brutally hardcore.Their guest vocalists are a very good addition to the already good cd. The story behind this album is exaclty as the title suggests they are homesick like in the song "homesick" he's talking to his mom "hey mom I wrote you some slow songs, tell dad I'm just fine, we had to choose we made our moves, I bet we make you so nervous". This album was their best in my opinion.

The lyrics in this album are very diverse because they can be emo when they want to be and sometimes they can be heavy and dark. the vocalists screams are really good and his soft voice is contradictory to his screaming but not in a bad way. Mike Hranica of The Devil Wears Prada is a guest vocalist in track three "I'm Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?" this song is kinda emo but not lol, really good vocals and guitar.. and right before the breakdown your hear Mike clear his throat "ahem everybodies out to get me!" I thought it was funny. Vincent Bennett The Acacia Strain makes an appearance in track nine "Welcome to the Family" this is probably the heaviest song on the album not only with the hard guitar chugs but also the lyrics such as "your life's a contradiction" really good song. And Sierra Kusterbeck of Versa Emerge sings in track 12 "if it means a lot to you, I'm not familiar with Versa Emerge but she definitly has a good voice and it helps make this song a really good soft song.

This album can't really compare with other artists because a day to remember is hardcore pop-punk that's about as original as it gets. I think the most impressive song from the album is "Mr. Highway's Thinking About The End" because of it's awesome breakdown "disrespect Your Surroundings!". I love the contrast between the heavy verses and the pleasant choruses. I don't really hate anything about the CD it's really good.

Zao_89
    Jeez, the reviewer and korn12737 need to work on your punctuation and spelling. Great album, not emo though, pop punk/metalcore.
    Echoplex
    the_white_bunny
    this album sucks. very smart from a sell out point, the boys from adtr wrote the perfect pop punk, kinda metal, fuse\mtv album of all time. i think songs 3 5 7 9 10 are great. the rest are sell out blink 182 sounding songs? (not saying blink is shit). but adtr sold out no matter how you look at this. now i this the album sounds great, but i wish they kept some screaming all the way up in the mix(most of the songs have screaming highlights over the great clean vocals jeremy dose) most of this i think has to do with he fact that Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory produced it.(pop punk producer + good up and coming pop metal band + great final album mix(Adam d. the ****ing man!)= shitty pop punk well mixed non metal album) this album is no "for those who have heart" its a decent album not worth buying... well maybe for the free promo shirt package.
    COB Deathscythe
    honestly, it is different than their last album, but it is still great, my favorite album right now. yeah, they went towards a more pop-punk sound, but they still made it different from other pop-punk bands by adding that heaviness to it, as well as not having a whiny-sounding vocalist. and they definitely DID NOT sell out, they arent the kind of people that would do that. if some of you ignorant types knew a thing or two about being a musician, you would know that you develop over time as a musician and get inspiration from different styles of music, which sometimes results in you changing your style up a bit. theres nothing wrong with that, it happens to EVERY band. and as far as someone changing their style goes, they did a great job. great sounding album, cant wait to see them in April
    shugo449
    Echoplex wrote: korn12737 wrote: Let Me Start Off With Saying ADTR Is My Favorite Band, But I Was Very Disappointed By This Album! There Sound Has Changed So Much It's Like There Not Even The Same Band. They Went From Hardcore To Punk!!! I Have Even Seen Reviews Saying "Blink 182 Is Back!!" Nothing Wrong With Blink 182 But In My Opinion ADTR Sold Out On This Album. I Have An Idea, Let's Make Every Letter A Capital Letter So That Everything We Type Looks Like The Name Of A Fall Out Boy Song.
    you are my hero
    guitard00d13
    AMAZING. just picked it up two days ago, downfall of us all hooked me right away. i love thats its so diverse, and that they can go from punk to hardcore in a matter of seconds. prolly my fav album right now, and with all the guest singers, sick stuff. seeing them in april with TDWP and SEA
    kornball82490
    AWESOME! i was so-so about the earlier stuff. but from the second "the downfall of us all" started i was hooked to this album! *****
    FearBefore
    This CD had me hooked right from "The downfall of us all" Singing the guitar part, it was different and had me from the start. Their songs are all amazing, the contrast between the heavy vocals and singing works just as well as their other CD's. Like most of you though, I still think FTWHH is their best.
    jp607
    morganite14 wrote: they suck live but hopefully this cd will be good
    You my friend are sooo wrong it hurts me, but it's opinion I had soooo much fun at there gig
    jmetalf
    Yeah wow... this is the worst review I've ever read in my life... but I agree with it.
    punkgtrst096
    I was a huge fan of FTWHH, but this album definitely took a few weeks to grow on me. Not nearly as catchy as the last album, but it's not totally shit either.
    sam32708
    It's good don't get me wrong...BUT i still think "For Those Who Have Heart" is by far the best.
    sam32708
    It's actually not that bad...BUT i still think "For Those Who Have Heart" is by far the best...
    seveninsign
    this album is great, i haven't been able to stop listening to it since i got it. they tried to make the heavy parts heavier, and the poppy parts poppier, and succeeded in both aspects. "another song about the weekend" has the best lyrics in my opinion, but nearly every song has at least a few great lines, and there are tons of breakdowns, so there's nothing to complain about in my opinion. the only guest vocal part i could notice was sierra's part on "if it means a lot to you," for obvious reasons. both mike and vince have great screams, but i couldn't differentiate them from jeremy's on either of their songs. that's not to say the songs are disappointing, since they are far from any form of disappointment, but from what everyone was saying, i was expecting to really notice a difference in the vocals when the guests came in, and i didn't at all. regardless, a day to remember is one of my favorite bands, and this album will definitely be one of the best released this year. "here's to another banner year"
    Adam124
    Love the album, i don't know how that guy thinks it's shit?! "If it means a lot to you" is an amazing song, shows a different side to ADTR.
    imsimon
    WTF? Let Me Start By Saying Typing Every Word With A Capital Letter Is Fucking Annoying. Also, how can you say they've changed that much? The album is practically the same as before, except there's some heavier stuff, and some far more poppy stuff, heck, even alot of the chord progressions are the same on this album as the other two! I don't really think they are your favourite band if you're bitching about they're "new sound". Not to mention what ever you're on about with the Blink thing is completely stupid. ADTR haven't sold out, they're just the same as before. Also, this review is terrible! However, the CD is awesome, and I share the opinion that this is their best album by far!
    rictazero
    ... Thats's probably because blink-182 IS back... and punk? Really? Excellent CD, I love "I'm Made of Wax...," it has a pretty sick breakdown. Downfall of Us All is a good one too.
    Oli777
    Disappointed?! This is my FAVOURITE album by far. Very diverse as mentioned in the review above, absolutely love it. Very much recommended.
    korn12737
    TragedyGuide
    haha, if becoming punk from being hardcore is bad, then I'm jesus ****ign christ. hardcore blows dick. listen tot he beatles.