Homesick review by A Day to Remember

• Released: Feb 3, 2009
A Day to Remember: Homesick

A Day to Remember has made some changes in my opinion. Some good and some not so good. Some people think that ADTR has "sold out" but I don't think they have. They are just changing things up. 01.The Downfall Of Us All: I personally don't like the opening guitar riff. It sounds very poppy. It does have a great chorus though. Everything seems the blend together well. Overall it's a decent track. 7/10 02.My Life For Hire: I like this track alot. I really like how they put some screaming in behind the singing during the verses. It sounded cool. Good chorus and the breakdown is awesome! Great song in my opinion. 8/10 03.I'm Made of Wax Larry, What are You Made Of?: this is my second favorite song on the album. The vocals and guitar work are great. I like the breakdown too. it's more original than most breakdowns that just hit the bottom string and say it's so br00t4l! Hahaha it's funny at the end. Good song. 9/10 04.NJ Legion Iced Tea: the only thing I really like about this song is the chorus. it's catchy and I like the lyrics. Ok song. 5/10 05.Mr. Highway's Thinking About The End: my favorite song on the cd. It has really amazing guitar work in the verses. This is the song you have been waiting for on the cd. The vocals are amazing. The drums are great also but they need to be louder! Amazing chorus. I like how in the chorus there are many different vocal layers. it's almost spacey in some sort. I loooooove the breakdown! "Disrespect Your Surroundings!" The drums and guitar match up perfectly. Amazing song! 10/10 06.Have Faith In Me: ehhhhhhhh... fail. This is the worst song in my opinion. I don't like it at all. It sounds like a mix of the Jonas Brothers and ADTR... These songs are why people say ADTR have "sold out". Very bad song. 3/10 07.Welcome To The Family: this is probably the heaviest song on the cd. it's put together really well. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the song that has the vocalist from Acacia Strain in it. The chorus sounds pretty cool with the piano in it. Good breakdown but it's too short! Good song. 8/10 08.Homesick: pretty good track. Very sped up in comparison to the other songs. Best drum track on the cd. It reminds me of Travis Barker. (Yay Blink-182 is reunited! ) Good song but not the best. 7/10 09.Holdin' It Down For The Underground: it's alright. I do really like the vocals on this song. But I haven't listened to it as much as the other songs yet so I can't give a good review on it. By Just listening to it once I'll give it a 7/10 10.You Already Know What You Are: WOW! I reeeeallly like this song haha. it's great. Pretty heavy too. The chorus is like a standard ADTR chorus. The breakdown is amazing! I like the noise right before it starts lol. I have no idea what it is though. The ending is very abrupt and not what I expected but it's all good. Really good track. 9/10 11.Another Song About The Weekend: it's ok. I personally don't like it. it's to poppy for me... 5/10 12.If It Means a Lot To You: the begging reminds me of a John Mayer song. it's pretty good for the acoustic song on the album. Some lady sings on it too, it sounds good. There is one thing that really annoys me about this song though. There is a guitar part that starts at 30 seconds and goes on for 15 seconds that is the guitarist just hitting the same note over and over! It doesnt't sound good at all.

The vocals on all of the tracks are really good! Jeremy's screams are really great. His lows are amazing and surprisingly deep in comparison to his singing voice. Not many high screams on this one. His sung vocals are really amazing. His singing voice is really great also. The lyrics are pretty typical but good. I really like the lyrics on I'm Made Of Wax Larry. "So run like hell, sleep with one eye open You can forgive or forget You will tell everyone the damage done Too bad you can't stop me You can't stop me now" I just think they are cool.

This isn't my favorite album from them but it does have some very good songs. Overall I think "For Those Who Have Heart" was a much better cd. I can't listen to this one without switching songs like I could the rest. My favorite songs on the CD are I'm Made Of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of?, Mr. Highway's Thinking About The End, Welcome To The Family, and You Already Know What You Are. Throughout the whole CD the thing I liked the most was the vocal work. Some of the guitar part were repetitive from other songs they have written. If it was stolen that means my computer would be stolen because I bought it form itunes... so that would really be bad if I lost it hahaha.

got_trivium?
    To those who think they "sold-out" "No go tell them we sold out like were the ones who changed. I write what i feel, I say what I mean. You can't buy sincerity." In what way could they have sold out? There's tons of breakdowns, the instrumentation is heavier and tighter than the last 2 cds, and the lyrics are spectacular. If you think that they sold out then maybe you are the one who changed.
    xBRMx
    this is the best album to come out yet. Mr. Highways thinking about the End is a SHOCKING resemblance to Recon- Thirteen. the breakdown at about 1:45 in the song where he goes. YOUU.... LEFT ME..... FOOOORRRRR... DEAAADDD. not hatin, just sayin they sound alot alike. its just ADTR changes it up when they cut it in half
    VIRUSDETECTED
    Did anyone else laugh when they read "This album can't really compare with other artists because a day to remember is hardcore pop-punk that's about as original as it gets."?