Homesick review by A Day to Remember

• Released: Oct 26, 2009
A Day to Remember: Homesick

Amazing album. I have the full ADTR discography and I've been blown away with all of their work. I'm a big hardcore/deathcore fan so something with singing is a huge change for me but ADTR blends the singing and screaming to a point where I'm comfortable playing it through the car stereo. Homesick is another masterpiece from ADTR. "Mr. Highway's... " breakdown is the heaviest I've heard in awhile. Also some very nice upbeat happier sounding songs like "I'm made of wax.." and "Homesick". I also LOVED the acoustic song featuring the girl from Versa Emerge I beleive. I've listened to it the most of the whole album. Great build up and catchy lyrics. MY favorite song of the album would have to be "Mr. Highway's Thinking About The End". Nice clean opening which leads into a crushing riff that just adds to the rest of the song. And like I said the breakdown is completly epic. My least favorite song would have to be "Homesick". Just didn't like it.

Lyrics are great.Love all the pre-breakdown lyrics like "Disrespect your surrondings" and "This is the battleground". A day to remember does a nice job of incorprating both meaningful and loving lyrics with dark and scary lyrics. Jeremy has an amazing voice. Love it.

Overall impression is simply an amazing album. Love it. Highly recommend it. I got it leaked a couple weeks before it came out but if I have a chance I will defintly buy it. It's defintly worth every penny. I sure hope they come out with some more merch though. Haven't seen a lot from them yet.

turbo474
    Echoplex wrote: I Have An Idea, Let's Make Every Letter A Capital Letter So That Everything We Type Looks Like The Name Of A Fall Out Boy Song.
    guitarkev33
    i'm not going to lie, this cd is deffinitly one of my favorites and the way the kick it off is just hilarious (in a good way)
    guitarkev33
    i'm not going to lie, this is deffinitly one of my favorite albums of all time. ADTR does a perfect mix between my two favorite kinds of genres and the way the kick off the album is just hilarious (in a good way)
    devinpalacios
    Dude screw all these kids. "Oh they're playing something different then their old stuff what sell-outs." I would never listen to a band that kept churning out the same stuff over and over again. Homesick is their best album so far. You can really tell the musicians from the not-musicians by reading some of the comments on this site. -devin
    tatatotfolife
    joe_cox4
    good but its not FTWHH. Nor will it ever be.
    obviously its not and never will be because its a completely different album
    all4themusic
    This record is soo good. Don't forget to check out New Found Glory's (myspace.com/newfoundglory) new record out 3/10, "Not Without a Fight" since ya know - Chad from NFG produced this one!
    JustOneJacob
    tatatotfolife wrote: I like how you all say they sold out, when just about everyone I know, except for those H4RDC0RE losers that can't sing, hasn't even heard of them. So quit being stupid, they tried something new Deal with it.
    Bingo.
    syn_gates666
    To be honest with you guys, the breakdown in "Mr. Highways Thinking About The End" sounds very similar to the EEEPPPIIICCC!!!!! breakdown in the song "This Is Exile" by Whitechapel. the breakdown in that song comes at like 32 or something. its at the very end.
    Oh-dear-lord
    This is one of the best albums ever released and I don't think you should compare it to FTWHH because this album is something new and should just be accepted for who 'A Day To Remember' are. Great new sound, great album, must buy! Also This Is Very Annoying, Learn To Type Without Attempting To Make Your Comment Stand Out!