Homesick review by A Day to Remember

• Released: Feb 3, 2009
A Day to Remember: Homesick

When I first heard this band they sounded so different to other bands I had heard before though some of their older stuff sounded a bit generic. Though at first I thought more of the same until I gave it a few listens and I love it. Also as I was checking the bands website all the time to see if their were any updates on the album I noticed they had studio updates which were hilarious. A Day To Remember add different genres of music from metalcore and breakdowns with pop-punk and catchy choruses. Though in my opinion they are more creative and diverse with their music I'm getting sick of breakdowns they all sound the same they should try mix it up more in the future

I tend not to really get into the lyrics though I had a look through some and though sometimes they can be clich they also have interesting dark lyrics and soft lyrics that fit in with the music. Jeremy's singing and screaming have gotten better with every release. There is also a few guest singers on "Homesick" like Mike Hranica from The Devils Wear Prada on "I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What are You Made of?", Vincent Bennett of The Acacia Strain on "Welcome to the Family" and Sierra Kusterbeck of VersaEmerge "If It Means a Lot to You"

The only band I can really compare them to is themselves because though can be generic at times I haven't heard many bands that mix the genres that they do. My favorite songs on the album are probably some that people hate the most from the album which are "Have Faith In Me", "NJ Leigon Iced Tea", "I'm Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?" and "My Life For Hire". I love the catchiness on the album which is one of the things that got me hooked on this band and that in my opinion musically they are more creative. Sadly there is on downside which is some of the breakdowns sound the same. If I lost this album I would certainly buy this again and buy another copy just in case I lost it again.