What Separates Me From You review by A Day to Remember

• Released: Nov 16, 2010
A Day to Remember: What Separates Me From You

While I love ADTR, What Separates Me From You was completely different to what i was expecting, while in their previous albums there has been a few more acoustic sounding songs (e.g. my favourite ADTR song of all time, If It Means A Lot To You') their are almost none in the latest album, the most 'acoustic' sounding song would be 'This is the House That Doubt Built' other then that the sound is all very hard, the song 'You Be Tails I'll Be Sonic' really reminds me of their song 'I'm Made Of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of?' from their previous album Homesick not really sound wise, mainly the fact that it has a title completely irrelivent to te song, you kind of come to expect that from ADTR. Very Catchy and Addictive.

The Lyrics in this album are so honest, they're the lyrics everyones thinking, but no one really says. If you really listen to each song you will find an aspect that really speaks to you, for me personally it would have to be 'keep your hopes up high and your head down low' from All I Want. The Music and the lyrics completely match, the darkness and deepness of the lyrics need a hard sound. Jeremy McKinnon doing the band justice once again.

It definetly compares to their other albums, it has got to be the album of the year, it means something different to everyone, no matter who you are, at least one of these songs speaks to you. The stand out songs for me would be All I Want, This is The House That Doubt Built and All Signs Point to Lauderdale. I can really relate to All I Want, This is the House that Doubt built is one of those songs you just skip to straight away. All signs point to Lauderdale is a song that I think lots of people not only myself can relate to. If it were stolen or lost, even considering that I already have it on my ipod, I would buy it again, just because its one of those albums your proud to own, and my car hates me and the ipod attatchment doesn't work so I have the CD in my car all the time anyway. I Love This Album, for the lyrics, the sound and the fact that its so addictive just like any A Day To Remember Album.

StereoSteve17
    you "Hardcore" Dudes need to relax man its just one album they can be harder later. plus you gotta be varied. . its all about music man. why all the hate? if its not you that "sold out" then why worry about it? relax dudes we are brothers for the same cause. music.
    mpedara429
    People keep hating on You be Tails, I'll be Sonic for being a strange track name. I think it is ingenious. The song is about a breakup. Like Sonic and Tails, they were a pair, yet he is running away in the end. As we all know Sonic was known for his great running abilities.