Hunter review by A Life Once Lost

• Released: Jun 28, 2005
A Life Once Lost: Hunter

I just picked up the special edition of this album and I have to say it's one of the better CDs I own right now, despite the last review. It is a great effort. At first I found ALOLs sound a little annoying, but once you get into it, the riffs and solos and everything in between grows on you and they have a powerful alternative metal style that I think deserves a lot more attention than what they're getting.

Lyrically, this album is brilliant. Robert Meadows is a talented vocalist and his lyrics hit hard and touch on a variety of subjects, some which make you angry and you can really enjoy. All in all the vocals in this CD is awesome, you have to really listen to be impressed, you either love ALOL or you hate them. They're really different but it's a great sounding follow up to A Great Artist.

ALOL is different to some of the other metal bands today, and I think that is the downfall for some people. But it really should be the highlight because they bring something different with their style of music and the way Meadows vocals sound. For me, the first few songs have become my favourite. I love the intro to "Needle Man" it gets me head banging every time. My other favourites include "Vulture", "Rehashed" and the title track "Hunter", also "I Give In" sounds strangely familiar. I was disappointed with the lack of DVD content, but fans who bought the simple album won't have to worry. If this CD got lost I would definately buy it again, it deserves recognition among the metal acts of today, they are definately contenders and I love the way the sound.

iquitmyscene13
    Did he actually refer to Bob's vocals as "screamo"? Uhh hate to break it to you, but this is straight up metal. Nothing screamo here. This album is amazing.
    Tyler420
    This review is shit by the way, besides the obvious spelling and grammatical errors (dieing??) whoever wrote this has obviously not heard much of ALOL, playing down their originality. try listening to maudlin or cavil and tell me who that ****in sounds like.
    metallikenshin
    I agree with Tyler420... that first review was SHIT!!! I absolutely love the album. The best song has to be Pain & Panic. And I don't know WHAT the **** the reviewer is talking about with the vocals. He sounds fine. One of my favorite purchases this past year!