Conversation Piece Review

A Lot Like Birds: Conversation Piece
Released: Oct 11, 2011
Genre: Experimental, Post-Hardcore, Progressive
Label: Doghouse Records
This is an overall great album for anyone who likes the more "experimental" side of post-hardcore with a pinch of post-rock.
 9.3
 9.5
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Conversation Piece Reviewed by: Cloudkicker, on october 24, 2011

Sound: I want to start this review off by saying that this is an overall great album for anyone who likes the more "experimental" side of Post-hardcore with a pinch of post-rock. The album is like if you threw The Fall Of Troy's doppelganger and in the unlikely event with the self titled Dance Gavin Dance album and a hint of Irepress and Explosions In The Sky. To me the album lacks the catchyness that you would get from dance Gavin dance but makes up for it with creativity, chaos you would find from old At The Drive-In and The Mars Volta, and vocals. // 8

Lyrics: The singer Jon Mess is formerly of Dance Gavin Dance were he did a great job and this band is a great follow up, with songs like "What Didn't Kill Me Just Got Me Stronger", "Vanity's Fair" and "Truly Random Code". They lyrics are are deep with much melodrama going on, they words are put together in a truly artistic almost literature quality way. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this album is great I give it a 9 out of 10, this is definitely for fans of Dance Gavin Dance and The Fall Of Troy. What I really like about the album is how it takes related pieces of sound from other bands and puts it together so I made a math problem for this album. The Fall Of Troy + Dance Gavin Dance + Irepress + La Dispute + Fear Before The March Of Flames and Horse The Band^2 = This album. I would highly consider buying a hard copy of this. I hope you enjoyed my review, this is my first! // 9

Comments