eMOTIVe review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
A Perfect Circle: eMOTIVe

The overall sound of this album is not as good as the other albums. The best few songs I must say are the first two, Annihilation and Imagine, then it goes a bit down hill. The beginning song, Annihilation, a whisper over some type of instrument, a lot like "Over" from "Mer De Noms". There is a lot of piano, and a lot of vocal parts rather than the outstanding guitar we're all used to. "Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drum" is a remix of "Pet" off "Thirteenth Step", that song is okay, but nothing great. "When The Leeve Breaks" is somewhat jazzy. Compared to past Perfect Circle songs, this is very different. But despite the difference, it is a very nice song. The last song "Fiddle And Drum" is just all singing, not a great song either. All the other songs were alright, but nothing good enough to justify the major let down it is.

Very political. A lot about peace over war. I don't thinka single song isn't political, except for "When The Leeve Breaks", which is really just an instrumental. I rate the lyrics a three, cause they are alright for the most part.

I wouldn't really reccomend this album for buying, because I assure you that you'll listen to it once, and it'll somehow end up behind your stereo or under your bed or under the passenger seat in your car, but it is alright. You're better off bumming it off one of your freinds and listening to the best songs untill you're sick of them. Like I mentioned before, the first few songs are the best, and the rest just don't stand out as well. It is honestly a let down, but it is an okay album.