eMOTIVe review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
A Perfect Circle: eMOTIVe

Very good sound, the added instruments like violin and flute add to many of the songs. What some people dont realize is that this is a CD of covers. Though they are "covers", most contain a very distinct APC flair. Overall, not as good as past albums, but they did an excellent job for what they set out to do: make an album of political covers.

Maynard is great as always. The cover of "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye was excellent and really grabbed my attention. "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie" is fairly interesting, and "Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythym Of The War Drums" is a spooky remix of "Pet". Once again, they accomplish their goal of creating an album of APC styled political covers.

Though the CD does not really stack up to previous APC releases, it, like I said previously, accomplishes its goal. Songs that please my ears the most include "Imagine", a cover of John Lennon, "People Are People", and "Let's Have A War". APC's one new song "Passive" is also a well written and well performed song. Overall, the CD is dilligent enough to deserve a purchase and a repeated listen, as the songs get better the more you listen.