eMOTIVe review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
A Perfect Circle: eMOTIVe

This album is such a departure from the bands last two albums it's unfair. To compare it to them. Sure the music isn't heavy and it is alot more piano and vocally driven, but if you aren't narrow minded and give it a chance the album has a wonderful sound. The emmotion in these songs can be felt here especially on #2, #5 [co-written by trent rezner], #11, #12.

The lyrics on this album are mostly cover songs. Only two songs on here are original, but the choice of songs to cover is fantastic. Imagine, Peace Love Undersatanding, and my favorite lyriclly The Fiddle And The Drum. Maynard on this album also expands the way he chooses to sing on songs like [Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie] his voice sounds as harsh as ever and on songs like [whats going on] his voice sounds just plain smooth and both are well done. Billy Howeredell sings on a few songs also when I first heard it I was dissapointed because Maynard wasn't singing, but the more I listened to it the more it grew on me. Overall the lyrics and singing were well thought out and damn good in my oppinion.

The CD overall is goodenough to buy in fact it is a must have for anyone who is political and isn't stuck on stupid garage rock, or costume wearing bands growling about satan and like that. By far the best songs on the album are [passive] and [Imagine]. The day I got this album I listened to it constantly for a week and that is a hard thing to do for me. So I think this an awesome record and seems to flow very well in the line of APC's endevours. I recommend it.