eMOTIVe review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
A Perfect Circle: eMOTIVe

Before listening to this CD, I tried to listen to originals beforehand because I had not heard most of the songs beforehand. After listening to the originals, I took a gander at this CD. They did a great job changing up each song to their own style, but still keeping the core of the song. I would personally listen to the covers over most of the originals myself. "Imagine" takes a somewhat upbeat song, and turns it into a more serious song, getting a better image across. APC's own original songs include "Passive" and "Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums". The songs can range from semi-hard rock to jazzy type songs. The ones that are the most unique are the ones that just talk over sounds, with no instrumentals basically such as "Annihilation" and "Fiddle And The Drum".

For the most part, the lyrics are about war and the betterment of humanity. Considering Maynard didn't write them, he chose a pretty good selection of songs to get his message across. I really think this album showed his amazing ability to be a great, and also versatile, singer. He's just so amazing.

All of the album's details are covered in what I previously wrote. I would definitely recommend buying this if you're into APC. If you're not into APC, give these songs a try before buying: Freedom Of Choice, Imagine, Let's Have A War, Passive, People Are People.