eMOTIVe review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
A Perfect Circle: eMOTIVe

What the hell is wrong with everybody? This album is great. The lyrics are agressive, but they are just saying the truth. I have to admit that this album may offend some fans of George Bush. Their sound is also different, but very good, in my point of view. This album has heavy metal songs like Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie, but there are also soft songs like the exelent cover of John Lennon's Imagine. I think that now they are really in a good way, and I think that I'm not the only one.

The lyrics are completely anti-war, that's why they decided also to make a cover of John Lennon's Imagine, as I said before. In songs like Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums you can see that the lyrics are all about the war. In my oppinion, this album was made to have a great political influence, and I think that, someway, it did.

A very agressive album with great lyrics, deep sound and very professional musicians like Maynard James Keenan, James Iha, Jeordie White (the ex-bassis of Marilyn Manson), Billy Howerdel, Josh Freese and many more. I would recommend everybody to buy this outstanding album, specially if you are an Alternative Rock fan. Just buy it quickly!