eMOTIVe review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
A Perfect Circle: eMOTIVe

Although this is a cover album (with the exceptions of 2 songs) it is completely original. Each song is done very well and very effectively. It is a very vocally driven album which allows the words to really soak in. It is a somewhat depressing album and a very powerful album. The creativity with which they recreated these songs is incredible.

Of course the lyrics are incredible. Songs like "Imagine" by John Lennon and "Fiddle And Drum" by Joni Mitchell have great lyrics and I think that Maynard and Billy captured each songs meaning wonderfully. There are many interesting vocal experiments done on this album and each one portrays great emotion and really gets the point of the song across well.

I must admit that I would rather hear new stuff by APC than a cover album, but I'm impressed. They do have two new songs, "Passive" and "Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rythm Of A War Drum" (A re-mix of "Pet" from the previous album) and they do these songs very well. My favorite songs are "Passive", "Imagine", "Peace Love And Understanding" and "What's Going On", but all of the songs are worthy. I would certainly reccommend this album to an open-minded individual with a creative and serious attitude towards music.