eMOTIVe review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
A Perfect Circle: eMOTIVe

All I can say is wow. This was a great third effort from the band A Perfect Circle. The sound of this album is incredible. Billy and Maynard were musical geniouses on this album. First off, all but 2 songs on this CD are covers, but accept for the name and the lyrics its totally original. This CD focuses heavily on Maynards vocals (considering that final track "Fiddle and the Drum" is all vocals) due to the political voice of this album. But All in all this albums sound is genious.

As I said before, the songs on this CD are all mostly lyrics. But Maynard executes them perfectly. He also attempts some new vocal experiments but they are all for the better. The two songs on here that are original are named "Passive" and "Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rythem Of A War Drum". "Passive" is a brand new song that has never been heard before and I think its APC's best to date, while Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rythem Of A War Drum" is just a remake of the song "Pet."

My overall impression of this album is great. I must say though that its no Thirteenth Step or Mer De Noms for that matter, but its a great CD to end a great band. I will sure miss this band more than I have missed Pantera. This CD is a great pick up for an APC fan, new or old. So go out there and give it a try!