Mer de noms review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: May 23, 2000
A Perfect Circle: Mer de noms

Maynard's voice is incredible. He expresses his lyrics with such a beautiful voice. You will definately know his voice when you hear it. In Tool's albums, I think he has a angry voice but in this it is much more mellow like "3 Libras" and "Orestes." Eventhough he sings it soft, he can still make it hard at tracks like "Judith." Billy's guitar sounds are extraordinary. It really blends perfectly with Maynard's voice. His solos are just great. I do not really know how to express this feeling. Paz the ex-bassist plays here and so do Troy the ex-guitarist. Josh's hard hitting drummings are another perfection.

Like I said before, Maynard always sings at his best with great lyrics writen by him and Billy. Although I do not see much difference in the writing styles like what he wrote in Tool. He still talks about Jesus Christ here and there. He lets out everything everyone is afraid to say. He doesn't give a damn. He says what he believes and I respect that perfect decision.

I think this the best A Perfect Cicle album. "Judith," "3 Libras," "The Hollow" and "Orestes" are amazing. I never get bored listening to this album. I can keep repeating this album for the whole day. I love everything about it but if there's more heavy vocals I think it'll be great. If it's stolen, I'll put that guy in prison.