Thirteenth Step review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: Sep 15, 2003
A Perfect Circle: Thirteenth Step

This cd varied from mellow, orchestrated tracks like "The Noose" and "The Stranger" to instense distorted rock with tracks like "Pet". They mix the two completely opposite sounds, topped off with the greatest voice in history, into one of the most melodic and beautiful sounding cds ever.

Maynard is a living god in my opinion. His lyrics are always so intense and meaningful.

This cd is a masterpeice. In my opinion this cd is better than the previous "Mer De Noms" because every track could be a single (except the two instrumental tracks that last a minute each). Also in this cd, Maynard used a lower tone, this made it easier for a bass/baratone singer to stay with him on those great long notes he holds on songs like "Weak and Powerless". The way every part blends so well, Josh's drums, Billy's guitar, and Maynard's voice compile into one of the greatest sounds in music to date. The greatest track is "The Noose" closely followed with "The Pet". I love this cd so much, I bought a second copy just so I have one in my car and one in my house at all times.