Thirteenth Step review by A Perfect Circle

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
A Perfect Circle: Thirteenth Step

The sound is quite unusual. It sounds alot like Tool (well becuase the lead singer is also the lead singer of Tool. That could explain it). I think that they're sound is great if you like that kind of music. I think it's not "involved" enough for me to like. If that doesn't make sense, I mean this: they don't seem like they really like what they're doing, as in they don't get into it enough. The only song that I really like on this album is The Outsider. it has some of the most unpredictable chord progressions in it! And I think that's great!

The lyrics are not shallow at all. The singer really does know what he's doing given that he's the lead singer in Tool as well. I heard that A Perfect Circle is sort of his "side project." Well he really does a good job on it! The words are great if you actually listen to them. They aren't like some punk bands that really don't give a f--k about what they record.

This band really is on the more shady side of alternative rock. They have unusual style. Anything out of the ordinary is fine with me though. I really enjoyed listening to the CD and I think if you were going to buy it, you'd enjoy it too! If it was stolen, well let's just say I would not appreciate it (that's the less nasty way of saying what I wanted to say).

Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
    no one said much about "gravity" being in 7/8 time. a band who can do 7/8 and make it groovey and melodic is fine with me