...And Don't Forget To Breathe review by A Static Lullaby

• Released: Jan 28, 2003
A Static Lullaby: ...And Don't Forget To Breathe

The sound of this album is amazeing, the threading between screaming and singing could not have been better. It consists mostly of screamo influences, but combines good instrumental and vocal aspects at the same time. For their first album ASL has made music that sounds as if they have been together for ages. I would compare them to The Used meets the Misfits (without the horror punk rock sound) with a whole lot of screaming.

If you pay attention to the lyrics of the songs they hold a somewhat deep and sentimental meaning, as well as a get the f--k out of my sight attitude. The band has three vocalists and uses them almost every minute of the album. All three of them seem to scream no matter what, but it adds to the authenticity of the work and could not be any better.

This album is definately on my top ten list, next to The Used and Hawthorne Heights. If you were to buy this album (which I recomend you do) I would say that you should go through every song at least once. My two favorite songs on this album would be "Annunciate While You Masticate" and "Lipgloss And Letdown." I love this album because it fuses singing and screaming together. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again, not waiting to get to the store to buy it. Can't wait for the next one!