...And Don't Forget To Breathe review by A Static Lullaby

• Released: Jan 28, 2003
A Static Lullaby: ...And Don't Forget To Breathe

ASL has a very good sound, they have a lot of potential as musicians. They have above average guitarists but the thing that really stands out is the drummer. Some of the most complex drum beats can be heard in this band. One problem I have is the screamer sounds fake sometimes, I still enjoy his scream but at times it seems wrong, I don't know how to put it.

The lyrics are very emotional. Most of them are broken heart songs, but are really not that cliche. I love these lyrics because most bands sound stupid singing (or screaming) them because they're extremely bland and overdone. ASL has very good lyricists and despite the fact that the lyrics are about heartbreak and love, it still sounds original and is very good. All three of the singers are constantly singing and are very good at it. The lead singer and screamer have good voices. But, as I said above, at times the screamer sounds fake.

This is a very solid album with an intense amount of energy. ASL is going in the right direction with this album, unfortunately, they threw it all away with the 2005 release "Faso Latido." Stand out tracks include: A Sip Of Wine Chased With Cyanide, We Go To Eleven, Love To Hate, Hate To Me, and A Song For A Broken Heart. I would definetly buy it again if stolen. I recommend fans of hardcore and/or screamo buy this.